28th December, 2011
2011, What a Year!
What a year we’ve had at Zibbet. Some highlights that come to mind:
- Seller sales have doubled in 2011, compared to 2010
- 264% YOY growth in unique visitor traffic
- 1000’s of new members have joined Zibbet
- Vicki Schofield (Zibbet seller and ‘Success on Zibbet’ editor) has pioneered our customer support team, making Zibbet’s customer support even faster.
- Zibbet came a close runner-up in About.com‘s Readers Choice Awards for Best Online Handmade Marketplace
- Kim Komando, host of Americas Largest Weekend Talk Radio Show, dubbed Zibbet as “the most versatile site for creating a shop”.
- Zibbet partnered with Moo.com to give all Zibbet sellers a free pack of 50 business cards (you just have to pay the p&h). If you didn’t get yours, you can learn more, here.
- Zibbet partnered with ShippingEasy to make shipping even more convenient for our sellers. No more waiting in line at the post office! Learn more…
We’re really looking forward to a great 2012. We’re more motivated than ever to make Zibbet the premier destination to buy and sell Handmade, Fine Art, Vintage and Crafting Supplies!
Thanks for a great year!
This was the newsletter in my inbox this morning. And I am glad to be a part in this wonderful community.
I have learned A LOT! From advertising, tweeting, promoting, using FB, being more present on the internet and some accounting (big issue for me).
And the BIGGEST plus for me is that I made so many friends. Virtual and in real life. I learned so much from the other shop owners. Passing on their wisdom to me, helped when I had questions, gave me tips. How can you not pay it forward after you got a little securer yourself?
It was fun to see new people coming to Zibbet and opening new stores and help them along the way. There where some wonderful trades to get some shops started with their feedback.
It was/ is exciting to be part of something so wonderful, seeing how it grows and develops and doesn’t lose its way of being.
Yes it is a job and it needs a lot of work to keep your shop going, lot’s of sweat and tears. But in the end it was all worth it to me and I am happy to be part of it for another wonderful round.
I want to thank all the fellow Zibbeteers that made the last year so much richer and so much more interesting. I wish you all the best, hugs! And of course I want to include Jonathan and the whole Zibbet crew, they are one great bunch, you never read a bad word always get a quick answer to your problem. And the question if there is anything else they can do to help!