yes, it’s finally done

Last week I went to my craft store, to check out if my motorcycle was in. Well guess what? They had only ordered one and that was sold even before I got there in the morning. Off to find a person that works there and could help me get one before the birthday party on Saturday. I had to do a rain check and it would be in the following Wednesday, but please don’t come in on Wednesday because it takes us all day to unload the truck and it might be the last thing we take out. Give us a call in the evening.

So I went home, tried to finish my mice so they would be ready by the time I’d have the bike. The helmets gave me quite a fit. The first set I made was too big. biker

Looked more like a mouse wearing a coconut shell!

The second set didn’t want to dry, so I was starting to stress a little. I got them dry, more or less. Fitted them to their individual heads. Cut holes into the helmets so their ears would be able to poke through. Then sew on some black ribbon, so the helmet will stay on when they are doing high speeds on the highway.

Off to knit some motorcycle jackets. And accessories.

jacket

Pretty tiny, isn’t it?

The jackets where quite fiddly, the arms are usually only 4 stitches wide. But I think it worked out quite well. biki It even looks like the mouse developed a little bit of muscle. And then I decided to add a zipper. Of course they needed a scarf, because if you drive fast that wind can get pretty cold and you don’t want to have a stiff neck once you get of the bike.

So the mice where done. And I was counting the hours to Wednesday evening. Looked up the craft stores number because I couldn’t find that receipt.  Oh, there…..keep my fingers crossed that it was there. After the 4th person on the phone I was finally told that they have it and it will be at the register for me to be picked up. So Thursday morning I had planned to be there first thing to pick it up. But as usually my plans don’t work out as I had hoped. My youngest came down with something so I had to postpone for a little bit.

I did manage to pick up the motorcycle and was antsy the whole way home to see if the mice would fit on the bike and how it would look.

I got the mice, some thread, the hot glue gun and some scissors and this was the end result:

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

My neighbor said the best mice I have made so far. I think they came out quite cute.

Now all I have to do is make a box , so they can be transported and handed over on Saturday.

I had way too much on my plate this week to take the time to create the spotlight treasuries. I should get back to them next week.

I hope you enjoyed the little mice on a motorcycle slide show. Have a wonderful day and happy creating!

Advertisements

12 thoughts on “yes, it’s finally done

Thanks for your comments!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s